CAREERS AT HABITAT
Habitat for Humanity Philippines values diversity and people. From field operations to office administration and project management, we look for individuals who have the skills and qualifications for the positions in our ministry.
But more importantly, we want people who have the passion and a genuine heart to serve families in need.
See if your qualifications match our openings.
In accordance to the agreed directive of the National Board of Trustees of Habitat for Humanity Philippines, Resource Development Director leads, manages, and supervises various fundraising units of the organization to sustainably fund the mission and achieve its annual fundraising target and business objectives.
The Resource Development Director collaboratively develops and implements fundraising strategies with internal and external stakeholders to support the goals of various fundraising units. The Director ensures sustainable fundraising through partnerships with corporates, individuals, major gifts, FOI, developers, and volunteers both nationally and internationally in collaboration with the Habitat global funding network.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fundraising strategy development
- Collaboratively develops the overall and channel-specific fundraising strategies and implementation plans to achieve the annual and long-term revenue objectives of the organization
- Supervises the implementation of fundraising strategies aimed at enhancing the over-all cash flow and assets of the organization including leading the fundraising team in proposal development and forging strategic alliances
- Approves and supports the RD unit heads in testing and rolling-out of appropriate techniques, products and campaigns based on identified fundraising strategies
- Guides the team in developing and implementing donor acquisition, engagement and retention strategies and plans to increase the giving level of existing donors through effective donor stewardship and management
Leads and develops key partnerships in collaboration with respective unit heads
- Opens door and leads bespoke partnership proposals for foundations, organizations and institutions (FOIs), HNIs, and corporates in collaboration with the unit heads, and other departments raising at least Php 200 million annually
- Collaborates with Habitat global funding network to secure donations from international FOIs or bilateral organizations
- Maintains and sustainable increases donor & prospect pipeline with at least 15% annual revenue growth
Donor engagement & stewardship
- Collaborates with various unit managers to effectively execute an effective donor engagement and retention strategies that will ensure sustainable pool of donors, across all segments from individuals, corporate, and FOIs.
- Ensures continuous engagement of NBOT, influences and ambassadors in coordination with the respective account managers, Communications Department and the CEO.
Volunteer programs development
- Provide direction to the volunteer programs unit in planning and implementation of new initiatives that will expand volunteer mobilization and enhance the over-all association of Habitat to volunteerism, making Habitat for Humanity Philippines a top of mind volunteer-engaging organization for domestic and international volunteers.
- Support the successful implementation and achievement of the fundraising targets of VolProg initiatives including local and international volunteering, campus chapter and youth groups engagement, and skills-based volunteering programs.
- Directs and manages the department’s operation and activities through effective planning, preparation, implementation, control, reporting and evaluation.
- Leads and facilitates regular revenue reporting in collaboration with various fundraising units and frontline fundraisers through pipeline management using the CRM.
- Ensures proper management, updating and use of Akubo CRM system.
- Identifies recruits, develops and retains appropriate talent required by the Department to attain its objectives in a progressive manner under the guidance of HR department.
- Supervises and reviews unit and individual RD team member’s portfolio and performances, and provides support to strengthen and capacitate the team to meet its revenue target
- Ensures that all fundraising initiatives, campaigns and programs are consistent with the over-all mission, philosophy and fundraising policies of Habitat and ensures organizational compliance to HFH international collaborative development policies and guidelines
- Trains, mentors, develops, and provides growth opportunities for individual career development and leadership succession to ensure the progressive growth, sustainability and expansion of the Resource Development Department and the over-all organization
- Ensures that the Resource Development Department supports the over-all strategy approved by the NBOT and the CEO, and is complementary to other department’s strategy; creates team spirit to the overall strategic objectives.
- Provides regular reports, open discussions with the Management Committee, the NBOT, and Habitat for Humanity International to ensure effective fundraising strategies are consistent with the over-all strategic objectives
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Development, Marketing and preference to Master’s Degree Holders in Development or Business
- Work Experience: At least 7-10 years progressive experience in the field of Marketing, Fund Development, Team Management, Sales, Public Relations, Fundraising and the like
- Special Training: Training in and/or exposure to fundraising, development, digital and non-traditional marketing and volunteerism (Volunteer Program Development and Management).
- Specialized Skills & Knowledge: Highly Strategic Thinking; Broad Network; Excellent negotiating skills; Excellent analytical Skills; High Inter-personal and public relations skills; Knowledge in Development and Corporate Social Responsibility and multi-tasker
- Personal Qualities: Strong Leadership Capability; Assertive personality; Strong Organizational Abilities; Strong Motivational and Inspirational Skills; Excellent presentation skills; Goal oriented; people person; Self-Directed; Highly Driven
- Functional Knowledge: Must be adept in Resource Mobilization and Sales and Marketing
- Business Expertise: Strategy Development, Sales, Portfolio Management, Marketing, Business Development, Organizational Management
- Leadership: Decisive, strategic, collaborative and people builder, goal-oriented
- Problem-solving: Creative problem solving skills; ability to maximize limited resources
- Nature of Impact: Over-all organizational funding
- Area of Impact: National scale and regional fundraising impact
- Interpersonal Skills: Excellent inter-personal skills; people person; people builder; ability to inspire internal and external stakeholders into action.
The Program Development Specialist plays the central role in developing and updating frameworks, manuals, programs and projects related to housing, human settlements, and community development in general geared towards resilient, inclusive, sustainable and empowered Habitat communities. The PD Specialist ensures the alignment of any institutional document, programs and projects to the HFHI and HFHP mission, goals, strategies, global and local guiding frameworks as well as the applicable industry, governmental and regulations, policies and standards (e.g. HFHI: SOE, GMT, SDGs, etc).
He/she leads in the development, in collaboration with other departments, the communities and stakeholders, of programs and projects suited to the context and needs of each Habitat community, and that can contribute in creating significant impact to Habitat’s work in the development sector in the Philippines.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program, and Project Development
Convener and facilitator of the cross-functional project development team of HFHP from project identification, due diligence up to the design process
Ensures the technical development of holistic, integrated affordable/cost effective level products such as housing, community infrastructure, capacity development, WASH, DRR/CCA etc. by collaborating with different HFHP departments, regional hubs and subject matter experts
Lead the technical development of affordable/cost effective and inclusive settlement level processes aimed at reducing vulnerabilities of communities and increasing their resilience to hazards and shocks (CBDRRM, financial literacy, hygiene promotion, community engagement etc.)
Identify and pro-actively pursues new opportunities for housing, settlement, capacity development, infrastructure development programming (stand-alone and/or integrated projects) and develops concepts, proposals, project documents and budgets for new projects
Provide technical assistance to regional hubs and community organizations during proposal preparation in close coordination with the Resource Development team, finance and other staff
Analyze, evaluate and finalize concept notes and budget proposals submitted by regional hubs to ensure consistency with HFHP mission, program priorities, goals, and objectives
Update team members on the status of pipeline projects during weekly meetings to ensure challenges are proactively addressed
Consult and supervise outsource consultants and short-term subject matter experts in areas of product/process/program design, including creating terms of reference, technical oversight, and reviewing deliverables and reports, as well as ensuring quality and compliance
Convene and facilitate the launching of approved projects with the cross functional team ensuring full understanding of the project deliverables, roles and responsibilities, timelines, budgets, donor reporting and key contractual clauses from the outset of program/project launches
Ensure that all Habitat and donor requirements are understood, followed and implemented by the partners and the project
Identify potential partners through networking to develop innovative and collaborative concepts and projects
Identify community and government resources and seek to integrate the housing and settlements, and infrastructure development within existing structures and capacity
Represent Habitat Philippines and participate in formal and informal government/cluster/donor/sector coordination meetings, to better coordinate, be updated on housing/settlement /humanitarian developments, and network within the development sector in the Philippines
Foster positive and collaborative, integrated and effective work relations with external as well as internal stakeholders
Research, Data Collection and Planning for Programs and Projects Innovations
Identify and conceptualize potential projects and activities that respond appropriately to the current socio-economic, environmental and political situation, trends and opportunities
Identify innovative approaches, programs and projects in the development sector that can be adapted by HFHP
Assist in developing content, assessments, and other planning/ideation exercises during concept development both at the PNO and community levels
Assist in providing continuous learning and knowledge sharing among field staff on essential concepts, practices, and trends on housing, settlements, and community development in general through the quarterly STEPS training-workshops
Assist in the data banking, and development of manuals, modules, and update frameworks and guidelines of HFHP on programs, projects and processes
Accountability and Standards
- Ensure Habitat Philippines housing and settlements, and infrastructure development programs are designed in alignment with humanitarian industry standards, Habitat guidelines and policies, and Philippine laws and best practices
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a development course
- Work Experience: 3-5 years progressive experience with Non-Governmental Organizations, particularly in program design, research, concept preparation and proposal making, monitoring and evaluation, or project management
- Specialized Skills & Knowledge: Sound working knowledge of program design, monitoring, evaluation and learning approaches, including logical frameworks and monitoring plans, multi-site evaluations; Experience in designing data collection instruments and managing data collection; Experience in shelter and settlements is an advantage; Knowledge of other program areas such as WASH, DRRR, gender would also be an advantage
- Personal Qualities: Strong leadership, collaborative and interpersonal skills, and capable of working with minimal supervision; Good written and oral communication skills in English and Filipino; Willing to travel to various project locations within the Philippines; Strong in Microsoft applications, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook