CAREERS AT HABITAT
Habitat for Humanity Philippines values diversity and people. From field operations to office administration and project management, we look for individuals who have the skills and qualifications for the positions in our ministry.
But more importantly, we want people who have the passion and a genuine heart to serve families in need.
See if your qualifications match our openings.
The Finance Director provides overall leadership to the entire Finance function.
Overall Job Function:
- Implements programs and policies to ensure functional efficiency
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of professionals
- Implements programs and policies to safeguard financial and physical resources
- HFHI and donor requirements related to the disposition of funds and financial reporting for HFHP projects
- Establishes partnerships with external organizations to meet HFHP goals
- As part of the senior management team, reviews and decides on issues that have significant impact on the organization
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial Forecasting, Analysis and Risk Management
- Oversees investment of private funds to maximize return at an acceptable risk level
- Assess and evaluates financial performance of organization with respect to organizational goals, budgets and forecasts, and provide analysis to the executive team on a regular basis
- Provides useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy, and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results.
- Ensures internal and external audit recommendations are implemented in a timely and efficient manner; including regular reporting to the SMT / Area Office on progress made
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial Compliance
- Establishes & implements standards, policies and processes across the organization & monitors functional areas to ensure compliance with HFHP/HFHI requirements.
- Oversees tax functions and ensures compliance with IRS regulations
- Coordinate audits with independent auditors and regulatory agencies
- Enhances and implements financial systems, policies, procedures and tools
- Interprets legislative and program rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all governmental, local and contractual guidelines
- Ensures that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel and implemented, and
- Monitors compliance
- Financial Management and Reporting
- Develops operating budget(s) and ensures programmatic success / organizational sustainability through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and program requirements.
- Reviews and ensures application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures at headquarters and in field offices
- Advises on the feasibility of projects, reviews proposed projects and status of ongoing projects, and makes recommendations on issues affecting the organization.
- Oversees the management and coordination of all internal and external fiscal reporting activities for HFHP including, but not limited to:
- Internal: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, cash flow reports / projections, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and project budgets.
- External: comply with government financial and tax reporting requirements; BOI reporting; SEC reporting;
- Monitors and maintains banking activities of the organization.
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Participates and contributes toward the achievement of Habitat Philippines annual and long-range strategic planning objectives. This includes developing appropriate strategies, activities and key performance indicators; in addition to the development of sustainable business models.
- Creates yearly financial objectives with the senior management team that align with organization’s strategies and current and projected grant portfolio
- Develops annual revenue projections and organizational budget, monitor and make recommendations for adjustments throughout the year
- Develops and manages an annual plan for the function such as treasury, budgeting, tax, accounting, purchasing, and information systems.
- Presents financial reports and makes recommendations to the executive committee / Board of Trustees on matters pertaining to the departments function.
- Master’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Cross-cultural management skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills: word-processing, spreadsheet preparation, internet usage; financial software
- Strong organizational and team-building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- The job holder requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of systems, theories and practices relevant to an area, plus some basic knowledge of other areas.
- The job holder requires a good understanding of the organization, including how different functions operate and integrate. In addition, there is a requirement for industry knowledge, including an understanding of economic/commercial/political issues affecting the organization.
- Full management of a team, including the management of people, defining roles and responsibilities, planning for the department’s future needs and operations, counselling employees on performance and contributing to employee pay decisions/changes.
- The job covers a wide range of diverse activities that require strategic vision and analysis. The job covers a wide range of activities that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought. In-depth analysis with interpretative thinking will be required to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
Nature of Impact
- The job holder has an impact on the business by exercising control over resources, policy formulation and planning. They have accountability for the end results of the department.
Area of Impact
- The job has a sizeable impact on a function, and may extend to others functions.
- The job holder will be an effective communicator capable of influencing an internal and/or external audience. The focus of the job will be to present issues that have an important impact on the organization. Likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the function, and possibly on the whole organization.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help manage the organization’s social media pages, website, and other communication channels
- Conceptualize, write, and optimize various forms of content including, but not limited to, the following:
- Social media posts and website pages
- Publications (e.g. Newsletters, Annual Report)
- Press Kit including articles and infosheets
- Information, Education, and Communication Materials
- Reports (e.g. Accomplishment Reports, Quarterly Communications Report, Media Report, Global Metrics Tool Report)
- Marketing collaterals and brand visibility materials
- Scripts and storyboards for short and long-form videos
- Develop and maintain a monthly content calendar for social media and website
- Develop materials to promote Habitat Philippines’ programs, projects, accomplishments, partnerships, and advocacy in appropriate communication channels to increase awareness, and help generate donations
- Coordinate with different departments/units to gather information for content and produce communication materials, as requested
- Conduct interviews, gather testimonials, and write stories of homeowners, volunteers, and other stakeholders
- Ensure consistency of voice, branding, creatives, and messaging of all communication materials aligned with the brand standards and guidelines
- Check factual accuracy and coherence of communication materials
- Track, interpret, and report the social media and website data using available analytical tools
- Monitor media engagements
- Actively participate in creative collaborations, brainstorming sessions, and alignment meetings
- Take photo and video documentation as needed
- Ensure delivery of communications materials under donor recognition benefits
- Help develop well-executed and effective communication campaigns
- Provide communications support for various programs and campaigns
- Update communication channels, templates, toolkits, and practices as necessary
- Help maintain the archives and inventory of communication assets including, but not limited to, equipment, collaterals, merchandise, photos, and video
- Education / Training: Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Communication Arts, Advertising, Journalism, Creative Writing, Marketing, Development Communications, or related field
- Work Experience: At least 3 years of experience in a communications, marketing, or copywriting role and demonstrated success in producing quality outputs
- Functional Knowledge: Exceptional writing, content production, and visual storytelling skills and the ability to engage different types of audiences through compelling messages and visuals
- Business Expertise: Communications, marketing, creative writing, and public relations
- Leadership: Monitor the effectiveness of communication initiatives; can clearly define the objectives, audiences, messages, expected results, and appropriate channels for communication initiatives and recalibrate as necessary
- Problem Solving: Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills, versatility, and assertiveness; critical thinking
- Other Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communications; listening skills
- Understanding of social media practices, etiquette, trends, and overall management of different platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Ability to conceptualize, strategize, and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Ability to gather and analyze data from communication channels
- Social media and news savvy
- Proficient in using Microsoft applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, OneDrive, and Sharepoint
- Adept in using different messaging applications including but not limited to Telegram, Viber, WhatsApp, Messenger
- Preferred but not required knowledge on Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Premiere
- Knowledge on basic photography and video documentation
- Required Personal Characteristics:
- Has strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Effective communicator and collaborator, who can work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, and on tight timelines
- Comfortable working in a hybrid set-up with minimum supervision
- Highly values integrity and has a strong sense of courage, humility, and accountability
- Must be adaptable, resourceful, and detail-oriented
- Must be comfortable to take initiative
- Nature of Impact: Brand image and integrity
- Area of Impact: National scale and Asia-Pacific strategic country support