Habitat for Humanity Philippines values diversity and people. From field operations, to office administration and project management, we look for individuals who have the skills and qualifications for the positions in our ministry.
But more importantly, we want people who have the passion and a genuine heart to serve families in need.
See if your qualifications match our openings.
The Operations Admin Support Officer provides administrative support to the area operations team, ensuring the continued delivery of services to Habitat’s communities by effectively monitoring program/project implementation progress status and ensuring requirements are met for payment made to implementing partners, suppliers and other partners, monitors expenses and budget and smooth office management.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Follow-up tasks, reports and documents assigned by Area Programs Manager or other units in the area
* Follows-up external partners and contacts related to project implementation
* Provide support to the Area/Project heads
– Reviews progress billings and other financial transactions of the regional hub office
and help facilitate timely payments with Finance
2. Communications & Reporting
* Supports the Area Program Manager’s communications with staff, other area offices and head quarters/group
* Consolidates and prepares reports from the project sites or other various reports required by the head of operations/other business units/Groups for review of the Area Programs Manager
* May act as meeting minutes taker during meetings, prepares the minutes; distribution of minutes to attendees and compiles information for the agenda when requested
3. Custodianship of Files and Confidential Records
* Files correspondences and other records for the area operations (related to programs/projects implementation – from conception and close out)
* Maintains files that are confidential in nature
* Assists in the completion of special projects as requested
* Assists in the organization of meetings and special events
* Performs other responsibilities as may be assigned by the head of operations from time to time
– Education / Training: Graduate of a 4-year college business course
– Work Experience: At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative position in an office setting
– Special Skills / Knowledge: Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), computer operations
– Other Skills: Operation of office equipment
– Required Personal Characteristics: Good communication skills, coordination and organization skills, customer focus, willing to travel and work extended hours
The Community Development Officer helps ensure that the Habitat housing program and projects are implemented in accordance with the framework of community development and are grounded on Habitat’s mission, principles and goals.
1. Community preparation
* Validates the result of the area mapping, assessment and baseline survey of the community and come up with the family and community profile.
2. Selection of HFHP program applicant
* Ensures that the qualified home partners went through the process of family selection.
* Re-validation of applicant families through house visitation and interviews.
* Ensures that the following has been accomplished in the community:
1) Strategic and action planning to determine the community’s directions.
2) Capacity building/trainings (including trainers’ training) and various activities for the home partners and community association leadership.
3) Discussion of relevant national and local issues to enhance and uplift the home partners’awareness of these events and issues, and to help them resolve their own related problems.
4) Continuous meetings and networking between the community leaders and other partners in the area for holistic community development.
5) Formation of homeowners association and its registration SEC, HIGC or CDA.
6) Formulation of homeowner’s articles of incorporation or by-laws.
7) On the job coaching of any skills related to leadership.
8) Different trainings related to project management, leadership, networking and partnership, conflict management.
4. Sustainability Phase
* Conducts community project evaluation and monitoring and comes up with community strategic plan
* Establishes coordination, networking and partnership with other institutions to access related community services such as livelihood, health, education, sanitation and safety and culture of savings.
5. Other admin work
* Adheres with the unit’s plans and goals.
* Helps with simple proposal formulation.
* Ensures that training designs are applicable to the community.
– Graduate of social work or related course.
– 4-6 years experience in community organizing, preferably with experience in supervising and managing staffs, with exposure in socialized urban and rural housing and development
– Knowledge of technical and legal issues in socialized urban housing and development
– Able to communicate in English or local dialect
The Fundraising Manager for Socialized Housing Investment conceptualizes, develops and implements fundraising strategies to engage and forge long-term partnerships with the private sector, focusing on developers through the HLURB and BOI partnership with particular focus on the Negros Oriental Habitat for Humanity Housing Project.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Fundraising strategy development
* Develop the SI fundraising strategies and implementation plan to achieve the annual and long-term revenue objectives of Hilti funded projects
* Guide and support the fundraising officer ensuring compliance and alignment to the unit’s goals and objectives
* Collaborate with other units and departments in the fulfillment of the SI plans and activities
2. Donor acquisition, stewardship and reengagement
* Develop a sustainable pipeline and network of target developers and corporates (BOI) to support and fund Hilti housing projects and other priority housing programs
* Prepare presentations, proposals and appeals in coordination with other departments and units
* Maintain and update donor/partner pipeline
* Ensure donor and partnership excellent stewardship in collaboration with the Donor Management Unit
3. Social Investors
* Develop and maintain a network of Social Investor partners for HLURB housing compliance
* In coordination with the project development cross functional committee, assist in the development of social investment products and projects
DUTIES/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Design, promote, facilitate and participate in disaster risk reduction, response and mitigation training activities to increase capacity of NOs, Branch Offices and Partners. Through this build the capacity of HFHI and HFH affiliated entities to design, monitor and implement disaster response, risk reduction and mitigation strategies and programs.
2. Research, identify and disseminate DR³ promising practices and internationally-accepted standards throughout the AP HFH network
* Engage HFHI DR³ Community of Practice in the development of HFH programmatic approaches to disaster risk reduction and mitigation, in alignment with humanitarian shelter sector promising practices and industry-accepted standards.
3. Engage and connect HFHI to peer agencies and networks (internal and external), authorities and the DR³ donor communities
* Support the collaborative resource development for disaster risk reduction and mitigation initiatives within AP
* Facilitate the resource development efforts specifically as related to the AP DR³ Reserve Fund
* Engage in the development of industry-wide position papers, best practice documents and standards on behalf of HFHI-AP and HFHI in relation to disaster risk reduction and mitigation
4. Advance the development of the HFHI AP DR³ Community of Practice
5. Build the capacity of HFHP to design and implement DR3 programs and projects
* Support HFHP in the formulation of appropriate strategies, programs, projects, and policies related to disaster risk reduction and response (DR3) and climate change adaptation (CCA).
* Ensure the adherence of DR3 Programme to industry standards, Philippine laws and Habitat for Humanity’s internal standards
* Contribute in the development of DR3 training manuals, and public awareness materials
* Faciltate training and mentorship for HFHP staff
* Assist the regional hubs in the implementation of DRR projects such as facilitation of community drills and establishment of community-based DRR Team
We are currently in need of On-the-job Trainees/Student Interns for the following departments – Volunteer Engagement, Community Profiling, and Marketing Communications to provide assistance in our day to day activities.
Internships are offered at our national office in Makati, Metro Manila.
To apply, please drop by our office from Monday to Friday, between 10am to 12noon and bring the following;
1. An updated CV with cover letter
2. Copy of school photo I.D.
3. Endorsement letter from advisor indicating the details of your internship requirements (hours, start and end dates, learning objectives, etc.)